Here are some tips for making the blood collection process as smooth as possible:
- Drink plenty of water 30 mins before your test.
- Do your test straight after a hot shower or bath.
- If you can’t shower, soak your hands in a bowl of warm water to help increase blood flow.
- Jump around to get your blood flowing – try star jumps or wind-milling your arms in big circles.
- Take some deep breaths – it’ll help you relax before your test.
- Stand up while taking your sample – let gravity do its thing.
- Don’t squeeze your finger – massage it with gentle pressure from your palm to your fingertip.
- Try another finger – if one finger isn’t working, try another one.
For more detailed instructions, watch our step-by-step video on how to take your finger prick test.